Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all :)

ive got about 40 e.tricolour tads at the moment that have all started developing front legs now so they are looking alot like frogs :D

how should i raise them from this point on?

should i move them? or provide them with some land?

do they need a place to hide? a light? bromlaids even?

help im really stuck here - i lost one out of one froglet in the last batch (only one fertile egg you see ((1st batch )) )

helpppppppppp!!!!

Jono :oops:

·
Registered
291 Posts
When they pop their front legs they need to be in a container that they can get on land. Otherwise they'll drown. Most people do this with a shoebox. They slope gravel so that the froglet can get out of the water if they want. They do not need to be fed when they are absorbing their tail. Once they have finished absorbing their tail then start feeding them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one mate

i have moved 3 tads now to a shoebox - with a slanted land / water area...

and a lid :D

they have 4 legs but a tail, should i still feed them tadpol food? or any food at all ? - or jsut wait ?
thanks

Jono

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't feed them anything until they have finished absorbing their tail. Then feed them springtails and small fruit flies (or any other small food) just like you would feed a froglet. While they are absorbing their tail they don't eat.

Hopefully you'll have better luck this time around :wink:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i have noticed it only takes about a week or so after poping front legs but also have seen it happen in less time.....just my observations.

P.S. let me know if you want to get rid of any i would be interested in 5 or more.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Scott, I just sent you a PM.

dartsanddragons said:
I have had two that never absorbed their tails one was a Orange Galac, it eventually died and the other is a Leuc still alive after a month and no food?????

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
joshua_delancey69 said:
i have noticed it only takes about a week or so after poping front legs but also have seen it happen in less time.....just my observations.
thanks mate - really apprechiate that info :) - ive noticed that one of the froglets have started to absort their tails already - shurnk by about 5 mm :)

P.S. let me know if you want to get rid of any i would be interested in 5 or more.
yeh i would be happy to - but im in the UK mate so getting them to you might be a problem :)

cheers

Jono

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joshua_delancey69 said:
Oh thanks for the consideration i didnt even realize that you were in UK. good luck with the frogs though
no worries mate

am i going to be alright leaving the froglets in the shoe box they are in with a small amount of water in it - 5mm deep? and areas for them to get out of the water ?

cheers

Jono

1 - 11 of 11 Posts