Dendroboard banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
8,675 Posts
Do it now ...

This means she wants your assets - but not you. Get a lawyer.
She said she won't ever divorce me. Yet, she said we're over.
Sorry it's come to this - but you do not have to put up with that sh!t.

s
Dangerously said:
As much as I wanted to stay away from this (other than support - I know how hard these emotional issues can be)... Get an attorney NOW, and a *good* one. Please don't wait. She has no right to take your property, vehicles, or money if things are not settled.
She said she won't ever divorce me. Yet, she said we're over.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Smart move on taking all of your money out. You should call her back and have her fess to you again what shes done lately (meth and whatnot) meanwhile have a recorder so when the court hears it they can also find out how unstable she is. Sorry to hear your situation but you seem to be handling it much better than others probably could. I've always wanted to go to Australia, meet yourself a cute Aussie girl...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's very wise advice. I've been checking into some. I'm calling one up in the proximity of where we were living. Considering that they're about one-hundred and seventyfive dollars an hour, I want to make sure they're relatively close.
Thank you for getting involved. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
One more thing.. document EVERYTHING. As inconsequential as something may seem, document it. Get a spiral bound notebook and carry it. Documentation will pay you back a thousand times if things get ugly. And don't tell her that you're documenting. You want her to have NOTHING to back up her side of the story if you can help it.

I would start by documenting what's happened up to this point, with approximate dates & times.

At this point you have to remove emotion from the equation and do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow! Instant messages. Yea, I agree. Wanting the stuff, but not me, is a clear indication.
Probably one of the smartest moves I've made yet. I may be some dumb, but not plum dumb. I wasn't going to be without the money. I'd really been up a creek.
I can see that clearly now. Putting up with it would have only prolonged the situation which I'm sure would have hurt me in the long run. She made it an easier desision when she left me no choice. Her or me. It sounds horrible I know. But, a much needed one.
The attorneys told me that a recording brought to court is insubmissable. This would not be difficult to proovr though. Besides the fact that it's in her system, she also holds the proof in a little box at home.
You've read my mind. If I do get involved in a relationship after the divorce, then I'll try to find a nice Australian girl who has her prioritires straight.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My heart goes out to you guys and please don't take this the wrong way, but I sure am glad I am single!!!
This seems to be an ongoing thing with a lot of people that I know. Time heals all.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yea, considering that the divorce rate is probably well over 50%, it may be wise to avoid the slim odds of longivity in marriage. All those years of loyalty and dedication, not to mention the money...flush,down the drain.
I know, live and learn. The bad thing is, this is my second marriage. The first, cheated on me seven times that I became aware of. I went to the hospital and got checked. All it takes is one unfaithful partner to kill two lives, or more, literally.
I haven't decided if the third time's a charm, or if three strikes I'm out. Time will tell. But one thing's for sure, the next relationship, if it happens, will be tried and tested to make sure it stands the test of time.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. But seriously, GOOD JOB MAN! You did the right thing and kept your head on straight. Alot of guys couldnt do that. Now that the super hard part is over and you have only yourself to worry about, do that lawyer thing and get your stuff back. Is she even able to care for your animals???

Best of luck bro :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A TEAR CAUGHT AWAY

I have a lawyer's appointment next week. Surprising enough, I went down to the house unexpectedly, and she permitted me to get my stuff. Of course, I did threaten to bring a sheriff with me.
I am thankful that she fed my animals. I have to go get them today or tomorrow.
I would like to submit a poem of mine here in hopes to not only help me, but others also.

Days drift by as the perpetual nights perssist and haunt the halls of memories.
Plenty of time, now plagues its horrific demons upon my mood.
Once, not so long ago, I layed next to my wife.
Now, I live on a stranger's couch, to hold a pillow, and my only comfort, pretending, with my eyes shut tight, I'll wake up to the suns brilliant rays descending through the window, casting heavenly stairways upon the bed sheets. And there, the woman of my dreams, my wife, caresses my hair with her soft fingertips, and a sweet kiss caresees my forehead in my wake.
Days crawl by, and the ease does not come, as the pain hollows out my mind. And the only hope left, that time is forgetful, and shall once again bring a new love. And in this, I shall yet again see love. Then rest shall come to me in my dreams, fullfilled in my days shared with her in my life.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts