Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tadpole that broke from it's egg sac in September that is yet to morph. Yesterday I had two froglets emerge from the water, both of which were born a month after the tad in question. The late one is huge but it only has hind legs. I can see the bumps where the front are forming, yet they don't seem to be making any progress. Also, it doesn't show the normal azureus pattern that the others have...I can see something of a pattern on it, but it's not typical.

Any thoughts as to why this tad isn't morphing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
It has been said that tads raised in cooler temps will take up to twice as long to morph than ones in optimum temps, but the ones raised in cooler temps will also morph out bigger.
If the temps are a little on the high side, it has been said that they will morph quicker, but with higher risk of defects, etc.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had one tad never morph !! Had it for 2 1/2 years and it started to look like a fancy goldfish ! eyes all buggie, tail was flaired out wish that I had some pictures ,but that was years ago :cry:
Then of course one day ................ he was floating .
Darren

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is probably my water temp. I don't heat them at all, it's only room temp. I change their water weekly. Any ideas on how to heat one of these screw organizer setups?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts