Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chocolate male leuc and a normal female leuc that have been breeding well for 4 months now laying eggs once a week. I purchased two chocolate females a couple of months ago and would like to switch out the females to make a chocolate trio possibly or if I see egg eating a chocolate pair. Do I remove the normal female and replace with the two chocolate females or do I move the male into the chocolate female tank or does it matter? I will eventually get a standard male to accompany the standard female.

Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Andry,

I'm sure there will be people who will say Lecomelas are a great group frog, etc., but in my experience, pairs work out best for successful egg production. I think setting-up a chocolate pair would be the best option for you right now. Unfortunately, when a pair is interrupted, it can take a while to get a new pair breeding well. The best bet would be to leave the male in his "territory" and remove the standard female, leave him alone for about a week or two, then introduce the chocolate female.

Good luck! Richard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts