Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering getting the enclosure for my future frogs at the swap meet to save some money. I'm really really apprehensive about this, but my mom insists that they are new and unused. I haven't seen any or looked at any so I really don't know, but do you think it's worth the risk? It's not that hard to make glass or acrylic look like brand new and smack a label on it. And if I do get the aquarium thingy mabob at the swapmeet, how should I clean it so that it'll kill anything that might be hidden in it without posing a danger to the frogs and plants when I get them?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Used tanks are fine, as long as they don't leak. Just mix up a solution of 1 part chlorine bleach to 15 parts water, and use it to clean the tank. Once the chlorine evaporates, you'll be fine.

G

·
Don't forget to test it for leaks before use. Leaks can easily be fixed with aquarium silicone found at pet stores. Even an old cheap leaking tank can easily be fixed up. I would avoid cracked glass though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Oh, no matter how much you're tempted, DO NOT USE GLASS CLEANER! Elbow grease, chlorine/water mix, and a soft scouring pad such as a Scotch Brite pad will do the job. For hard water stains, use straight vinegar. Use a new pad, and make sure that you put it somewhere safe so you can use it again, or someone might use it to clean the toilet or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts