Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
baby cristobal in the brom in the center
003.jpg

so i moved my cristobal pair into their new setup a few weeks back. I was in need of a brom for my vent tank so i took a pup from the cristo's old tank.

about four days ago i was feeding the vent tank and thought i saw something red in the center of the new brom. just now i looked in a saw a little guy chillin on the brom, im assuming its gaining the courage to move on out.

i still have the old cristo tank set up with plants, its housing vent tadpoles in petri dishes for now. Im worried because my springtail cultures are pretty weak at the moment.

i dont wanna leave it in with the vents, and i lost the first cristo froglet a few months ago.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
001.jpg 016.jpg

little guy seems to be doing ok, mostly hunts around in the leaf litter so im stoked to see him out.

on another note i found yet another froglet in my cristobal tank. This one must be from an older clutch because its almost twice the size of the other. better pics will come soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what luck, i found a second froglet today, that makes three in the last week.

Does anybody have periods of a month or two where you dont see a frog? im wondering if one of these could be the froglet that morphed in early september that i haven't seen all october and probably longer

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't really have any advice for you, I only have tads so far.. but good stuff man!! Keep posting pictures too!

What kind of supplements are you using for the adults?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i give them dendrocare supplement every feeding. springtails and lots of leaf litter in the tank are important.

my vents are laying about a clutch every ten days too, great stuff!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've read others talk about cristo's being breeding machines and only wondered. Now i know, i just spotted my cristobal mom transporting a tadpole in their new tank (been in there about a month). I didnt even know they had eggs in there, the joys of having large vivarium

i wasn't quick enough to get a shot her with it on her back, but here she is depositing it in brom
003.jpg

my full tank shot wont upload, but there are six decent sized broms plus two have pups so im hoping for more. Cristo's are so cool since they do all the parenting for you!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very nice man! How big is your tank? and definitely post that FTS!

I've got 7 broms in my 18x18x24 Cristo tank right now.. She only seems to be using 3 of them though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its 30 gallon for the pair, not that big, but they were in a ten gallon for too long so i think they are much happier with the extra space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts