Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as stated i have a pair of cobalt's and when one came out of it's hiding hole today came out with a slime over both front arms and was opening and closing its mouth in a weird way, no pics but some advice would be great on what it was. once it hopped around it seemed to disappear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't worry, you witnessed it shedding :D
The frogs shed every day, old skin will be eaten as it comes of the body.

Perfectly normal, you just don't see it every day.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Really? A noob with a couple frogs get to see shedding and I with near 20 havent :-( LOL J/K

Cool wonton.. now im gonna have to get up early and camp out in front of my tanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses, i was scared and thought something was very wrong.:confused:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. Consider yourself lucky. I havn't seen any of my frogs shed yet in two years in the hobby.
well let me tell you, when i first saw it i really panicked and the oh [email protected]#t meter went off, then i had to go to work after i posted the thread and wondered all day if they would be alive when i got home. once i read the posts the meter went off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm definitely glad I've read about this because if I ever saw this I know I would freak out and panic like crazy. I even found a vid of it so at least I'll know what it looks like when I encounter it and so I won't go crazy and think my frog is dying.

Just to clarify exactly what you saw I think the vids help.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definitely glad I've read about this because if I ever saw this I know I would freak out and panic like crazy. I even found a vid of it so at least I'll know what it looks like when I encounter it and so I won't go crazy and think my frog is dying.

‪Dendrobates azureus shedding.‬‏ - YouTube

‪Leuc Shedding‬‏ - YouTube

Just to clarify exactly what you saw I think the vids help.
the AZUREUS is doing exactly what mine was, but i didn't have the info i have now and thought what did i do to possibly kill my cobalt?
thanks to all for posting as it was a GREAT HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
you all are probably missing it because your not watching them at the right time. they tend to shed in the early morning IME. i personally miss a LOT of activity since much of occurs in the morning (while im fast asleep)

james

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you all are probably missing it because your not watching them at the right time. they tend to shed in the early morning IME. i personally miss a LOT of activity since much of occurs in the morning (while im fast asleep)

james
yep up at 3:30am every morning, now i know what to expect and what it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts