Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the world of dart frogs and purchased two today from a local breeder. I bought all of the supplies they listed, including a vitamin supplement. It's from a company called Zoo Med and it is called Reptivite. BUT...I just noticed on the label that it says "super sticky formula". Now I'm afraid that this might be harmful to the frogs? Has anybody used this and does anyone know if the "sticky" stuff will be a problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have heard of problems with people using Reptivite. Stuff like it having too much phosphorus and/or vitamin D3. Too much of either can cause problems. While I have not heard directly from people using it on frogs, I have heard directly from people who have used it on lizards like leopard geckos and bearded dragons. I personally would not use it. Too many horror stories.

Get RepCal/Herptivite, or another high quality suppliment such as Miner-All or Dendrocare.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have any frogs yet, but I do have a leopard gecko. When I was going to get him, I was going to get some of the Reptivite, since his breeder sold it. He told me he doesnt really recommend it, since it is more sticky and the gecko may get more of it than it really needs, which could cause probs.

I use Miner-All by Sticky Tongue Farms for my gecko. It has a pic of a frog on the front hehe

Virginia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts