Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SUGRU

Just found this product on a blog I frequent. Multicolored, inert once cured, bonds to nearly anything, play do-like when in use, and rubber soft after cured.

I see a lot of potential for this product in the dart frog (pet) hobby. Its uses are infinite and the cost is competitive. I also know there is epoxy putty that has been out there but it doesn't bond well to surfaces from personal experience. It also doesn't come in colors!

So post up some ideas to use this product for and even post up some pictures if you have used it!! :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just a few things...

-living hinge
-vert kit adhesive
-mounting
-bulk heads
-fly proofing
-glass top nobs/handles
-film cap suction cup

Just placed an order so I'll update with more info.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
I would have concerns using it.... first off, the ingredients before it cures are potent sensitizers for allergic responses and this typically means that you don't just pick up an allergy to the product.. instead you tend to pick up allergies to multiple allergens since your body becomes sensitized and looks for things..

The second concern would be due to the use of dioctyltin as part of the igredients as this can also damage the thymus and the immune system and can bioaccumulate (see (not free access) ScienceDirect - Toxicology : Toxicity of dibutyltin, tributyltin and other organotin compounds to humans and to experimental animals )
Dioctyl tin is also an endocrine disruptor in a direct dose depenent exposure..

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.