Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a cork mossaic drip wall w/ sphag jammed in the crevices and a 1/4 pipe pumping water from my FB along the wall. I'd like to get some mosses/creepers/anything really to grow long there.

Suggestions and where to order? these types of plants I seem to fail misserably with lol. seems the only plants i've succesffuly kept is some wandering jew :D

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Any of the aquatic mosses should do very well. Like, Java Moss, CHristmas Moss, Flame Moss etc. I bet Java Fern and Anubias would look awesome there too.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
flame moss looks alot better than java moss because of the way it curves up. I would also recommend pellia and riccia

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any of the aquatic mosses should do very well. Like, Java Moss, CHristmas Moss, Flame Moss etc. I bet Java Fern and Anubias would look awesome there too.
flame moss looks alot better than java moss because of the way it curves up. I would also recommend pellia and riccia
anubias was the only plant I was pretty sure of running.. I really want to run a mix of moss/fern/creeper to get that "busy" wall look.
I like the way the flame moss looks. But i'm really liking the leafy look of the pellia. maybe mix those two and throw something viney in there w/ tufts of some type of fern.

I have two cork rounds cut at an angle and acting as pots that I'd like to throw something in, they are sealed off and facing upwards so they "SHOULDN'T" get as much water as the wall but I'm sure it will be "damp" but I did drill two holes on the underside of each for drainage.. any suggestions for what to plant in those?

here's a picture (horrible of the wall though)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can see on t he left side the two "pots".
and I have one branch that's kinda poking out that I was thinking of hanging an air plant, or maybe some type of fern in the corner where it meets the wall. Suggestions on those?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts