Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As part of our local dart frog meeting next month (SCADS), we will be holding a charity raffle. Part of the funds will be going to USARK, but I'd like to give donors the option to give to a conservation cause as well. I've looked at a couple options but didn't know if anyone more familiar with the subject has any suggestions. To keep it from getting too confusing, I'd like to narrow it down to just one charity in addition to USARK.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
121 Posts
So in theory is possible to apply for a grant for Andinobates research in Colombia? Because we are needing a lot of help here to do field research in lost and/or new andinobates and Oophaga species. A. viridis is a good example...

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
So in theory is possible to apply for a grant for Andinobates research in Colombia? Because we are needing a lot of help here to do field research in lost and/or new andinobates and Oophaga species. A. viridis is a good example...
The grants are currently small but yes anyone who is doing work that can be applied to conservation can apply. The amount voted to be awarded will depend on the budget that year since we are dependent on donations to fund the program.

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rainforest Foundation

they work on keeping indigenous land under indigenous control in brazil, peru, paraguy, and panama
I'm really liking the Rainforest Foundation. I feel that the only way to sustain these lands and the frogs that inhabit them is with the support of indigenous peoples in the area. Plus their financial statements show only around 15% of their expenditures going to administration costs.

While I'm somewhat familiar with these charities, I'm looking for people with first hand experience with the causes. Thanks for all the input so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts