Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of my mist king. Can somebody reccomend a hand mister that won't crao out on me after a few days?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I love my Solo 1L handheld pump sprayer, it also comes in a 2L version. The nozzle pivots so you don’t have to hold the sprayer at an odd angle to spray down or into far corners. However I cannot speak to its longevity, only had it about a month now.

Any particular reason you’re sick of your MistKing though? I have a MistKing that mists around 6 times a day and I just supplement dry spots or new plants with the hand mister.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have never had any problems with any of the hand sprayers with the pump. I have used some for over 15 years and they are still working great. Something like this Hand Pump Sprayer

I will add that you don't want one of the kind that you squeeze. You will throw that away after about the 100th squeeze :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've had good success with manual pressure sprayers from home Depot / home hardware / etc. Have one I've been using for about 9 months now and haven't had any issues with it.

I love my mistking though, you're the first person I've heard of who hasn't liked theirs. What's the issue you're having?

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
Easy to find hand misters. None of them lasted me more than a couple of years, anyway. More important, though, is to figure out what's wrong with your Mistking. Those things should be bullet proof. If you have had issues, it's definitely worth checking with the company.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
I love my Solo 1L handheld pump sprayer, it also comes in a 2L version. The nozzle pivots so you don’t have to hold the sprayer at an odd angle to spray down or into far corners. However I cannot speak to its longevity, only had it about a month now.
I have years of use on a few of these, and have yet to wear one out -- they are great. :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have a mist king but continue to utilize a hand pump sprayer as needed. Never had any issues with one as long as you use RO water.

Couple things to consider when purchasing a hand pump sprayer. I view it as there are two kinds. One is a handheld unit with a trigger that releases flow. The other has a wand with a trigger that releases flow. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

For the handheld units, they hold a smaller water volume so need to be refilled more frequently. The wand units have a much larger reservior. As a result the hand held units are lighter, whereas the wand units are heavier if you need to carry them around to water. The wand units allow for much greater accuracy when spot watering since the wand can get into much tighter areas. The handheld units are more cumbersome in tight places. This can be overcome by adjusting the nozzle to a jet like spray but sometimes you don't want the splashing or the strength of that flow to hit a plant directly. Sometimes with the wand units I feel like I am fighting the hose the farther away from the reservior I get (I hang mine from the rack and carry the wand to the tanks that need attention). The hand held ones are great for portability.

I actually use both on a regular basis, though I could easily get by with either or. If you have more than a few tanks I think an automated mister is a must, with supplemental watering/misting being done with the hand held units.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Any particular reason you’re sick of your MistKing though? I have a MistKing that mists around 6 times a day and I just supplement dry spots or new plants with the hand mister.
I only have 2 tanks so I dont find it necisary and I hate the noise lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I only have 2 tanks so I dont find it necisary and I hate the noise lol
My mistking makes almost no noise other than the sound of the water coming out of the nozzles, which is roughly the same noise as what comes out of the pressure sprayer when I use those to supplement my misting system.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I have had MistKings and equivalent setups (appropriated grocery produce gear) and still found use for my 2 gal rigid hose pump sprayer.

I have a piercing relationship with water provision to my charges. Nothing is as important, except air - and - as an underestimated ambient influence - light wavelengths ie photobiological nuances. Nourishment, though crucial, is subjective to these.

Water, aside from air, is a most immediate physiologic need. There is an astute courtesy to providing water to niche-specific animals.

Pump sprayers 2 gal. Rigid hose. Precision.

Complaints of "mystery malfunctions" are complacency. There is no Mystery - only Parts under dynamics of use. a minimum of upkeep necessary. They dont "Break" thats a myth.

Vacuum intergrity, torque, flexibility of soft parts. I love a rigid hose sprayer. It flushes small water feature to refill, it needles in on specific areas to be dampened. It spoils my charges who want to drink from a stream, it sweeps away debris. And more.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Shouldn't really be much noise. Sometimes it makes a lot of noise when the hoses vibrate, but you can just zip tie them to something and that eliminates the vibration and the noise.
Definitely should secure the hoses to dampen vibration.

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sick of my mist king. Can somebody reccomend a hand mister that won't crao out on me after a few days?

I use an electric rechargeable sprayer on Amazon after years of hand pump sprayers and 2 battery operated ones that eventually break (sometimes due to pressure build up or just wear and tear of parts after daily use). It is the best sprayer I have ever had so far. Someone gave me a sad face on a FB frog group and said one must go with exo terra to avoid rust leading to zinc and contaminants. I challenged that after finding that the only metal is a little copper piece that doesn't rust and not finding anything on exo terra's sight that mentions safe materials used. They never replied. Maybe someone can provide information on that but it appears based off reviews that the exo terra sprayer is not the most durable either.

I bought this in May last year. So far so good. Only issue is the pressure can't be adjusted and is on the heavy side but really not too heavy. It will adjust from spray to stream though.

TACKLIFE Electric Plant Mister Spray Bottle, LED 2000mAh, Electric Watering Can with Adjustable Copper Spout, Indoor/Outdoor Plants Gardening, Fertilizing, Cleaning, Multi-Purpose Use Sprayer 1Liter
Visit the TACKLIFE Store
4.6 out of 5 stars 238 ratings

1 - 20 of 22 Posts