Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One lonely Azureus morphed out almost completely. Just a speck of tail left so im leaving it in the water box, till i get home from schoool today.
Following behind is two more with front legs. And Ten more with back. They seem to all be developing like the healthy one that morphed this morning. Is there a way to predict spindly before the front legs emerge.
Jace

G

·
I have a few cases of spindley leg every couple of weeks, and you will be able to tell when the front legs emerge. In most cases of mine, the legs look like flaps of skin that are hanging out of the front of the body. I have a few that had three strong legs with one bad leg, but they still go for the worst after a while. So even though you are going to want to try and save almost every one you can, you should reconsider if you dont want to waste flies, time, and effort on a hopeless case. I am not sure if it is possible to raise some to adulthood with spindley leg, but my experiences say no. Good luck with yours, and even if a few have spindley leg, many of the others might not.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There was a post on frognet a while back from a woman who had disassemled a viv and found a frog in there that she didn't know about that had spindly leg but had somehow raised itself in the viv with the condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts