Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was lucky enough to stop by Varno's and get my first little froglets and see his set-ups! I am so very grateful to him for not only providing me with healthy gorgeous little froglets but showing me his other species and how he does everything he does for them. I am now the proud owner of 3 Leucomelas and couldn't be happier! I have some things to go take care of but I will be posting pictures tonight!

Thanks again Varno!

-Fox

P.S. Varno isn't the only one that deserves some credit so let me take the time now to thank everyone for their help in getting my viv set up and learning the ropes! Honorable mention goes out to Pumillo, Frogboy, Fieldnstream, and Neontra especially but thanks to everyone who has posted in my threads and posted great threads for us newbs! You guys rock! :D

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Congrats my man! It was great meeting you yesterday. I'm sure you're going to give these guys a fine home!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Great choice for a first frog. I love my leucs, some of my favorite frogs. You are gonna be happy with them. I think we all need to see some pics!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait for pics :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats! My first were Luecs also. I still love watching those chubby little guys bounce around the tank. Good luck!

-Troy

·
Registered
29 Posts
I started with three luecs as well just a few months ago! They are a lot of fun, I can't wait to start hearing them call! Can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Leucs are fun and curious little frogs. You made an excellent choice ! Look forward to some photos of your new leucs ! Congrats

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fox,
It was pleasure meeting you and your lovely friend this evening, I would just like all here to know that this young man has obviously taken the time to research this hobby carefully before "jumping in" and I'm sure that his attention to detail combined with enthusiam will ensure his success with his animals. There is something special about getting those first frogs home and I see by the responses to this thread that many of you can relate. Best of luck and keep us posted on their development! Varno

Reactions: Zoomie

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very much everyone, and Varno you are gonna make me blush lol. As promised I have returned with some eye candy for everyone! Some of them may be blurry because we were unprepared with the digital camera so they were taken with the Iphone. These are truly exciting times in the FoxHound residence!

Hope you like them everyone I sure do!!!

-FoxHound

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Foxhound, it looks like one of the poor little guys lost their allowance in the first pic. Someone is going to be very upset. :D

Leucs were my second frogs and my first frogs to breed. I can't say that I have ever met or seen a Leuc that didn't bring a smile to my face. Hope you enjoy them even have as much of so many of the members here have and do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Caught the most bold one all the way at the top of its tank a few minutes ago. So cute! It was the one with the single dot on it's head and the smaller dot on it's nose we are calling it Tahi. The one with the two dots is Rua and the one with the 2 dots and the line is Toru. For now at least. We choose those temporary names because me and my girlfriend want to visit New Zealand really bad and the native language spoken there is Maori. Tahi is one, Rua is two, and Toru is 3. Bet you didn't think you were going to learn a new language did ya? Lol

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Caught the most bold one all the way at the top of its tank a few minutes ago. So cute! It was the one with the single dot on it's head and the smaller dot on it's nose we are calling it Tahi. The one with the two dots is Rua and the one with the 2 dots and the line is Toru. For now at least. We choose those temporary names because me and my girlfriend want to visit New Zealand really bad and the native language spoken there is Maori. Tahi is one, Rua is two, and Toru is 3. Bet you didn't think you were going to learn a new language did ya? Lol
You learn something new everyday. There always seems to be a very bold one in all trio's.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Back with another update!

Today we noticed more action in the tank and we are very excited that they are settling in! Yesterday it seemed that only Tahi had the guts to be out and about but today was a whole different story as all of them made quite a few appearances! We also noticed that they were actively hunting food so we took a short vid for everyone.

Enjoy! (Best in full screen.)

-FoxHound

1 - 20 of 34 Posts