Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My viv is completely set up, aside from being seeded and planted. I am using abg mix as the substrate, and have a watfall as a water feature.

My question is- how wet is the substrate supposed to be. Mine isn't completely waterlogged, but pretty wet, moist all the way through. I just don't want to have a mold problem.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
That's what you want. Moist all the way through, but never waterlogged. You'll need to keep that waterfall contained so it doesn't saturate the soil around it.
You will still probably see an initial molding over. Adding some springtails will help to minimize that. Plus the springtails make a lovely between meal snack for your frogs and also provide some hunting sport for them. There are more than a few people and vendors on the board that you can get springtails from, including myself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bought some from you already. You should be shipping them out Tuesday :p.

I have the waterfall area contained with a divider and gravel, so that it drains really well, but there are some drips here and there that get into the actual substrate. The springtails will have a feast i'm sure.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
bought some from you already. You should be shipping them out Tuesday :p.

I have the waterfall area contained with a divider and gravel, so that it drains really well, but there are some drips here and there that get into the actual substrate. The springtails will have a feast i'm sure.
That's funny! Sorry, I've had a lot of orders lately. I got you though, Giant Orange, Dwarf Whites, and temperate springtails!
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts