Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally shoved some substrate behind my barrier so it is in contact with drainage layer. Its just in the one spot. Will this cause any serious wicking issues??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I accidentally shoved some substrate behind my barrier so it is in contact with drainage layer. Its just in the one spot. Will this cause any serious wicking issues??
Define serious? You may be limited in the types of plants you can plant on top of and around the substrate breach due to wicking issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Define serious? You may be limited in the types of plants you can plant on top of and around the substrate breach due to wicking issues.
The substrate breach is just in the front corner .(see image).

Here is another post where I listed the plants I just planted with pictures

Lmk what u think

·
Registered
133 Posts
The substrate breach is just in the front corner .(see image).

Here is another post where I listed the plants I just planted with pictures

Lmk what u think
I think you will be fine. Honestly if you cover most of the top with something the evaporation should be minimal so you shouldn't have to spray heavy enough to even get the water level that high. It's not much regardless. I wouldn't do it over because of that. If somehow you do have an issue you can redo it then.

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
Honestly if you cover most of the top with something the evaporation should be minimal so you shouldn't have to spray heavy enough to even get the water level that high.
That is true, but frogs and plants should be provided with a lot of ventilation. Vivs with minimal evaporation kill frogs.

Have you considered just fixing the issue? It would involve a little digging and re-situating the substrate barrier, but will be easier now than later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts