Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I suspect that the answer lies somewhere in this forum but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Anyway...when someone posts the following

- 2.1.0 D.tinctorius Surinam Cobalt

what do the 2.1.0 stand for? My guess is male/female/unknown but I may be entirely wrong. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Elmo

·
Registered
696 Posts
You got it!!! male/female/unknown
Mike

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well for the moment, all my darts are young froglets and unsexed. I'm just grateful that they are all healthy and growing for now. This is a great forum and I'm learning a lot about how to keep my frogs healthy and happy.

Elmo

·
Registered
696 Posts
you're in the right place. Tons of knowledge and great people to ask any questions. Good Luck.
Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats a big difference between here and kingsnake's arrow frog forum.... I don't even go there anymore. I've seen too many forums over there where someone asks a newbie question and gets yelled at for "not doing their research," Which is stupid - thats why forums were set up - so people could learn.

I don't mean to be bashing kingsnake, but all in all people are much more friendly over here! :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for askking that question Elmo, I was wondering the same thing. Funny that I had guessed correctly also. Guess were not all that dumb after all. :D

Ditto with the kingsnake board, there's to many rude people thier. People need to remember that they were once inexperienced also. As a Reef keeping veteran I can say that I have answered my fair share of "yes fish live in water" questions. :wink: We really need to remember that the only way our hobby is going to thrive is to encourage new people to get into the hobby not chase them away.

Being a dart frog newb I'm sure I'll ask pleanty of "do frogs eat bugs?" questions myself.

O.K soapbox over.

·
Registered
496 Posts
welcome to the boards! :D

I'm relatively new myself, and I cant seem to stay away from the forums. Lots of information here and everyone is very helpful. I've been reluctant to post due to a similar fear in getting flamed for repeated questions, but so far it's been positive. I tend to use the "search" option before making any other inquiries.
However, I have noticed that questions on cross-breeding/mixing species is the one that gets the most attention. hehehehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts