Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Marine-Land 30G Half Moon (27l x 27h x 18d) and have been trying to decide how I want to design it and that requires knowing what frogs I'm going to be putting in there. I've mainly been looking at tree frogs so far but want to consider dart frogs. I am looking for any suggestions on the species I should consider whether its tree frogs or dart frogs and also looking for ideas regarding the design of the tank. If anyone has, or can link me too, a vivarium in a similar sized and shaped enclosure for inspiration that would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to find images of half moon vivariums and haven't had much luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fully intend to do all my research before potentially getting any frogs. Any time I get new pets its always months of research and planning.

Then research what the ideal (not bare minimum) dimensions and design the viv should be, and purchase that equipment. In no case will the ideal housing for any frog species be a tall bowfront fish tank, I'm certain -- and skimping/making due with inadequate/inappropriate equipment makes the challenge of caring for delicate animals much more difficult.
I am curious as to the reasons why the bow front isn't ideal. Is it due to the lack of air circulation? Or potentially that the bow makes it more exposed so harder for frogs to feel secure?

I had been thinking about getting frogs for a couple of weeks and then I was able to get this tank for free. My thinking was that since it is a tank with more vertical space rather than floor space it would be a more suited towards tree frogs. The other alternative for this tank is to become a terrarium/greenhouse for some of my houseplants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts