Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has any one used this stuff to treat tap water? It has stuff in it for fish to help them out and adds a slime coat and has aloe vera in it. Will this stuff hurt dart frogs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have never heard of "stress coat", but I use "Prime" to treat my tap water. A while back I asked about tap treatments on KS, and this guy said that the best product on the market for darts, fish, or anything else is Prime. He had a whole list of reasons why. Anyway, I bought the stuff andf used it with no problems whatsoever. I have nothing to compare it to though, and i now use rain or spring water, but if I have to use tap water again, I will put Prime in it without a backwards glance.

Just my .02 :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
stress coat

I have heard of, and I have used stress coat before. I haven't had any problems with it. I have not used Prime, but if it is a similar product I am sure it is just as good or maybe even better? I got the Stress Coat a long time ago, but I will check out the Prime product when I go to get more (which is going to be soon) and see if it seems better or anything. Is it sold in normal pet stores?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use it for water for my fish and used it for the water I used for my auratus for the first couple monhts before I found out about RO. I think I sitll used the stress coat for raising 2 mantella tadpoles and they turned out great. But I like RO a lot more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aquasafe

I use a product called AquaSafe from TetraAqua. I have had great success with using this to treat my tap water which in turn is used to rear my tadpoles. This product removes/neutralizes chlorins/chloramines and heavy metals. So far I have had no problems with it and my tadpoles seem very robust and morph out rather large. Hope this helps.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Stress Coat" is just a rip off. It has nothing to do with helping stress, unless you consider taking out chlorine helping stress. It is no better than any other tap water conditioner, and the aloe vera does nothing to help the fish. it is just an addative that does nothing, so they can raise the price a few dollars. Also, it does nothing to help put on a slime coat, absolutely nothing. In fact you can easily use too much of this. the aloe vera can "clogg" their gills, killing the fish/tadpole. It is pretty much just like all the others, only 10 times as much. You are much better off using prime :)
-Spectabilis73

1 - 8 of 8 Posts