Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone come across this? One of my alanis will lay on the ground with its head down. It looks like she's sick, dying or dead or something. Then she'll get up and be perfectly normal and will feed etc... Is she resting or something?

Here is what it looks like

G

·
It looks to me to be submissive behavior. Do you have more then one sex in their viv?
I had a 2.2 in my Costa Ricans auratus viv and when either the males or females got into some wrestling matches the loser would sit just like your tinc is in the picture for awhile until the other frogs went about doing it's own thing.It happend alot with mine when they were just about to breed. Fighting can get pretty intense.
If I were you I'd keep a close eye on them because if the wresting ends up in a pool of water the loser could be drowned by the victor.
Mark

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It makes sense, I thought it could be something like that, but they don't really fight that much and aren't overly aggressive towards each other.... She must really be submissive :wink:

I have 2 females and a male in that tank, sometimes they will chase each other around, but nothing major. I have no pools of water in that tank.

Thanks

Marty

Mark Wilson said:
It looks to me to be submissive behavior. Do you have more then one sex in their viv?
I had a 2.2 in my Costa Ricans auratus viv and when either the males or females got into some wrestling matches the loser would sit just like your tinc is in the picture for awhile until the other frogs went about doing it's own thing.It happend alot with mine when they were just about to breed. Fighting can get pretty intense.
If I were you I'd keep a close eye on them because if the wresting ends up in a pool of water the loser could be drowned by the victor.
Mark

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think Mark hit this one on the head. I've seen similar behavior from azureus before. I had a 2.2 group of juvies in a 10 gal for a while, and would see that very same pose from one of the females from time to time. That's great that you got such a nice pic of that stance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts