Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go!
This will be a 55 gallon vertical tank. So far I have just started on the tree that will go in the corner.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I love using this technique. Such a good way to use scrap pieces of pvc/other random pieces of plastic.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brain has not wondered as far as lighting yet, I'm thanking LED.
Any input on this build would be great!:)

·
Registered
841 Posts
leds would be a natural match for a vert tank of this depth. you could go with cree xml u2 and use 20 degree optics to get good par at that distance. pricey emitters but you can run them at a decently high amperage and get huge lumens. i will be posting pics of my build using them as soon as i get it started.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's probably what I will go with. I will need the most help with the lighting, I do not know much about moonlight and lighting for different times of day.

I am completely finished with the foam, and will start carving it tonight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just finished deriming my tank. Got the silicone cleaned off, and now I got to clean it.

I set the tree in it to see how it fits, and it fits great!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made some fake vine last night. They need a second coat, and then they should be ready!

Thanks Grimm!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not quite, I used mineral spirits and silicone. I read up on it, and it sounded good to my. The vines are a test run, if it dos not work then I will not use it on the tree.:)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts