Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I ease back into frogs after a chytrid outbreak about two years ago I'll have to admit I haven't been following what has been going on in the hobby. I have seen notes about surinam opening up again for exports? It appears thumbnails have come down a bit with newer varieties becomming more common. How about Truncatus (actually the source of my woes) and the old epipedobates groups.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi ________,

Welcome back to the hobby. I have a group of Blue Truncatus that is just reaching maturity, but I don't think they are very well represented in the hobby and there is a very limited bloodline. As for the Epipedobates, I think there have been a large number of new lines coming in from the EU.

Good luck getting back in, Richard.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
There are a number of people on the west coast that the blue truncatus while out here a number of people have the yellow truncatus.

Ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The blues were a hot ticket back at the 2nd IAD. I can't remember the name of the kid that got them and left us all jealous. I suppose it's some kind of Cosmic Irony that a species that I waited years to finally get my hands on was the one that brought all the chaos. These were actually yellow truncs

Lol, BTW, i'm Michael. Srry, I'm used to the old frognet setup where my signature was always there :)

·
Administrator
8,720 Posts
You know Mike - just yesterday (I kid you not) I wondered where the hell you went.

I remember you were working on your web site - then you simply vanished.

Did you only lose the one group of frogs ("only" being a relative term here ... ) or did you lose more frogs than one group?

Nice to see you back. Follow Ed's advice for the Blue Truncs.

I'm betting it was Alexander Stubbs that was the kid that everyone was envious of. ;)

s

[edit: if it was the 2nd IAD - that would not have been Mr. Stubbs as I don't believe he was at it. He MIGHT have been, but I don't think he moved to New England for another 6/12 months after that.]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually lost all of my frogs, I unfotunately didn't put 2 and 2 together right away. I lost the truncatus that I had gotten not long after I picked them up and didn't even think chytrid as I have known the folks I got them from for quite some time. I treated what wasn't too far gone and some recovered short term but just wasted away after that.
It happened about the same time my daughter was born so I just bleached everything and set frogs aside for a bit (I have an 80+ tank fishroom too so I was still plenty busy :D I'm also working on getting into Madison for Grad school.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts