Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for a general idea of how often to feed each? ill probably get springtails and giant oranges as variety food and of course ff being my staple, also how many ff's can a culture produce? ive read of people feeding 20-40 a day per frog, thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think what constitutes as a staple is what you will have producing quickly on a regular basis. New fly cultures bloom in about a week and product thousands for about 3? weeks then the cycle repeats. Isos and Springs are not on that fast track reproduction schedule and we use them to "seed" the tank as janitors and a snack while keeping the main cultures going. I try to seed the tank at night of after a big feeding so the frogs don't eat them all before they have time to hide.

I don't know how many flies I feed per frog. I just feed a little, move on to another tank, and then do a second or third round until they are full or the flies are gone. IF you are worried about overfeeding, put a small slice of banana in the tank and you will be able to see if you are feeding too much because the flies will be on the banana.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, defniatly helps, i wasnt sure on how much ff's produce, knowing they make thousands is a good thing, ill probly get 3 cultures of ff's going and established before i get frogs then, what do i dust them with? thats one thing i keep seeing but havent seen whats being used?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
i think ive read ED has used bean beetles as a staple, i hope that im not putting words in his mouth (you try double checking yourself in the search feature with the words "been beetle" and "ED") ahahahahah...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts