Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any place to get no see um stainless steel or aluminum mesh? Does it matter that much if one were to use aluminum over stainless?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I have used both types of mesh for my purposes.

Currently I found in a food service supply store legit SS sheets in large round frames. I cut out what my smallish needs require. They are fine enough to stop mels.

My only quandary with aluminum is if the product is actually a cheap alloy, which can happen w SS too, i guess.

There are alot of compelling mesh types out there. Many tempting choices in SS, as well as polypropylene.

I am sorry I cannot provide the screenshots or links. It is not without embarrassment to confess a difficulty in digital operation.

I have looked at your post many times wanting to talk about mesh with you, though.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
My digits are good, above av actually. Its the computer that is a little medusa of glowing chaos lol

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Very comprehensive resource indeed.

·
Registered
No frogs yet, but 2 uromastyx, 4 red ackies, 6 budgies, 100s tropical fish/snails/shrimp
37 Posts
Yes, great resource.

When I was doing a lot of machine shop work, I bought small lots of stuff from MSC Supply. They have always provided outstanding service, including routine next-day deliveries, helping me find handwheels for a no-name milling machine and offering to send them out to try, telling me to just try them and send them back if they don't work, which they did.
Their "raw materials" are not always the cheapest, but their selection, in-stock inventory and service sells it for me.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn...rchterm=stainless+steel+mesh&navid=4287923052

For screen products, stainless steel will be more rigid (to support lights, for example), more resistant to damage and much less likely to weaken with corrosion in high humidity environments.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Im still wanting to grate my lizard exoterras. I have one done with 2 white grates I sourced not unlike bird cage pieces but its not ideal.
But, ah.. the freedom from those squares of lamp dictators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts