Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is the second stage of my plywood rack. We got it coated with fiberglass resin gel coat on Saturday morning. We left the areas where the lgihts will be without the fiberglass, because it's uneccesary. The guy said he used 1 gallon of it on the whole rack. He did it in our driveway, because our allergies have been acting up and working with fiberglass isnb't the best for them. The guy put "splashes" of different colors into each compartment. I had asked him not to, as I'm going to be doing the great stuff background on them all, but I wasn't there and he went ahead. Oh well. All input appreciated.
Dad put in the heading, haha:

·
Registered
986 Posts
It looks good, Derek! Have you checked it to see if it is water tight yet? I can't see the color splashes on the photo, but it does make it easier for the painter to see what areas have not been completely coated, and helps ensure that it is water tight.

All the best,

Homer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just looking at your rack I would drill holes in the slots above the tanks(where you are going to put the lights) and have fans pull air out of the back. Without that you will have hot air trapped behind your lights and that can be dangerous.

just an idea
good luck

·
Registered
487 Posts
In the other post he mentioned this rack isnt for darts, but heat-loving reptiles and amphibs.

M.N

·
Registered
638 Posts
Derek,
Looks like everything is coming together nicely. keep up the good workand keep us posted on the progress.

TonyT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts