Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I`m leaving this Saturday for a much needed vacation. I`ll be gone for 13 days...you`ll just to figure out how to get by without me.
Anyway, my frogs are taken of but I`m a little concerned about my springtail cultures. Has anyone gone almost 2 weeks without airing them out a bit? Also, what would be a good suggestion for food for that amount of time, I`m more worried about gassing them out then feeding.
Thank you in advance.

John

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Two weeks shouldn't be a huge issue for them... As mentioned above, you could just leave a little hole for air and a little extra food and they should be OK.
Otherwise John you'd be more than welcome to drop the culture @ the store on your way to vacation... We'd watch it for you. :)

Vacation... Lucky guy! lol :p

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I`ve had these charcoal cultures for almost 2 yrs and would hate to come back and find them dead.
By the way Mike, the plants in that viv. are growing like MAD!!!!
I`ve actually had to do some trimming already.

John

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I got this idea from Frogparty and now I use it on every culture, springtail or isopod. Use the .3 micron filter pads available here Fungi Perfecti: micron air filters
Scroll down the site page until you see "Synthetic Filter Discs". I like to order this one Sets of 10 EADF70/10 $7.95 and cut them in half. Gives you enough for 20 cultures.
Cut a section out of your lid and silicone it in place. Silicone doesn't stick well to all plastics so make sure you flip the lid over and silicone around the lip, too, so that the silicone forms a sort of grommet, sandwiching the lid snugly in place. You could also try a hot glue gun. Haven't tried that yet but I will try it on my next cultures.
Thanks again FrogParty!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts