Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a video from a friend in so cal of his insane spring culture.he is on medical weed and he uses all the stems from what he gets in a single culture used as a control for his testing and all I can say is wow!this is not a state that I can try to reproduce his experiment in.so those who can try this its deff worth a shot.i looked up online the nutrients found in the stems and seeds and where quite amazed by what I found.take a look for yourself.try google search

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
interesting...Id expect the cannibinols and the other volatile oils to be very irritating to them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting...Id expect the cannibinols and the other volatile oils to be very irritating to them.

Thats what I thought but they are not even effected by it and seem to thrive.maybe thats due to the fact he soaks the stems in water until they are saturated first.but thats just a guess

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has seven total culure setups all different foods the include:

charcoal/stems (thc)
Charcoal/fish food
Charcoal/button mushroom
Charcoal/yeast
Charcoal/rice
Charcoal/spirulina
Abg/leaf litter

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'm curious how your friend is going about his testing and what exactly is he trying to determine? What food and culture mediums work best? Is he using measured amounts of each type of food? Start with the same amount of springs? Same amount of water? Are all other paramenters staying constant ie humidity, water level, culture volume, oxygen supply, etc. How is he measuring the results?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I recieved a video from a friend in so cal of his insane spring culture.he is on medical weed and he uses all the stems from what he gets in a single culture used as a control for his testing and all I can say is wow!this is not a state that I can try to reproduce his experiment in.so those who can try this its deff worth a shot.i looked up online the nutrients found in the stems and seeds and where quite amazed by what I found.take a look for yourself.try google search

I know who it is! That's my boy! Lol!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm curious how your friend is going about his testing and what exactly is he trying to determine? What food and culture mediums work best? Is he using measured amounts of each type of food? Start with the same amount of springs? Same amount of water? Are all other paramenters staying constant ie humidity, water level, culture volume, oxygen supply, etc. How is he measuring the results?

He is trying to figure out what food springs thrive on the most.whether it be a strictly organic diet/substrate like the abg/leaf litter.or the several other foods listed on charcoal substrate.hes keeping them in 64 ounce glad blue top containers each containing same level of substrate and water.contions for storage are the same.and each culture was seeded with around 50 individuals counted in a petri dish with water useing a magnifying glass and an eye dropper

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as feeding hes not useing a very precise method just useing the pinch method for yeast,algae,fish food.one pinch when the previous food is gone.he is useing a half of a button mushroom every time the previous is consumed.stems and leaf littler are thrown in the same way.he is useing three grains of rice at a time also.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way 2nd place is mushroom,3rd is fish flake,4th yeast,5 abg,6algae,7 rice

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
so where's the video...I'm gonna go get some brownies Alice B. Toklas style...

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
The problem, of course, is the lack of control in the feeding amount. For this to really mean much, he would have to use a measured/weighed amount of dry feed in every culture.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem, of course, is the lack of control in the feeding amount. For this to really mean much, he would have to use a measured/weighed amount of dry feed in every culture.

I will pass on this info.and keep you posted.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would have to agree with Pumilo, though the rest of the experiment is mostly controlled, but unless it is fully controlled you can't say a lot about the results.

I will try setting up a colony using stems to see how it goes (nothing but stems soaked in water?..and coal of course)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts