Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

So as some of you may know I just got an adult pumilio but am very new to the hobby and just want to make sure I'm doing things right. I had a culture of springtails in a shoe box sized Rubbermaid, mixed with charcoal, zoo med substrate and a bit of water. I then added a few things of rice. Before I got the Pumilio I would look in and see the little white guys crawling around. I then got the pum and added some into his viv, then I freaked out a few days later thinking he wasn't getting any food because I never saw him eat the FF I was dumping in (even though I know thats what he was feed prior to me getting him) so I dumped in the rest of my springtail culture.

Now I am freaking out again because I never see springtails and I never see him eat anything. It seems that once you add springtails they are just always there and I'm probably just worrying for nothing but am I? ha should I just assume there will always be springtails for him to eat and that he IS eating them? What should I do ha?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How does he look? I wouldn't worry too much unless he starts looking thin. Generally I throw some spring tales in right in front of my frogs and let them pick them over. I know a fair share get away and stay in my tanks but I like the comfort of seeing them eat. Did yours go after them when you threw the rest of your culture in? Again don't freak out unless he starts looking thin, keep throwing the FFs in there a little at a time. Some frogs are hesitant to eat when they know you're around.

-chris

·
Registered
310 Posts
If it's a new frog he's probably nervous about eating infront of you, just keep a close eye on the weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts