Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use Do It Best brand foam instead of Great Stuff?
The Do It Best foam is half the price, and is made be the same company plus they look same when you compere the foam.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Can I use Do It Best brand foam instead of Great Stuff?
The Do It Best foam is half the price, and is made be the same company plus they look same when you compere the foam.
I don't know if the "the do it best" foam is safe, but I'm not sure why you'd use it, GS is pretty cheap too and there are a lot of people who have used it with good experiences. IMO its not worth the $1-2 savings per can unless you can be sure that it is safe...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do some research, there's a chance they come from the exact same factory, using the exact same formula. But if you cant verify that or otherwise that its safe, you need to err on the side of caution.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are both made be DOW, and the ingredients look about the same.
Most of the Great Stuff is not rated for plant and animal use, so the risk is not that much greater. I already have 3 or 4 cans from other house work, so I will probably do some testing. I have never built a background so I will practice with this stuff.:)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
They are both made be DOW, and the ingredients look about the same.
Most of the Great Stuff is not rated for plant and animal use, so the risk is not that much greater. I already have 3 or 4 cans from other house work, so I will probably do some testing. I have never built a background so I will practice with this stuff.:)
It most likely is the same stuff. BG's become simple after the 1st or 2nd time. I'm using black foam from now on. I want to try something different, and I will save money and time. With regular gs you have to use silcone and peat moss, by using the black can the peat moss/silicone is optional and I dont have 2 wait for another day to cure.

2 cans of gs run 6 to 8 bucks a pop, silicone $7 (you will need 2) , and a bag of peat moss is 4 or 5 bucks. A can or 2 of GS Pond & Stone cost $10.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will start it as soon as I have some time. I will post a thread when I start on it.:D
Thanks for all the help!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts