Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My false bottom will have 6 inches of water around it. When covering it with spray foam, should I just leave the spray foam as is or do I need to coat it in silicone? Does it make any difference since the spray foam can be submerged in water and it's just for asthetics?

I purchased the black gs so it will look similar to some black rocks. Another option was to get a sheet of coco fiber and put that on the gs with silicone but I am unsure if the coco fiber can be fully submerged in water or not.

I could not find another thread asking the same questions.

Thank you for helping me learn!

Justin Wombwell

·
Registered
23 Posts
My false bottom will have 6 inches of water around it. When covering it with spray foam, should I just leave the spray foam as is or do I need to coat it in silicone? Does it make any difference since the spray foam can be submerged in water and it's just for asthetics?

I purchased the black gs so it will look similar to some black rocks. Another option was to get a sheet of coco fiber and put that on the gs with silicone but I am unsure if the coco fiber can be fully submerged in water or not.

I could not find another thread asking the same questions.

Thank you for helping me learn!

Justin Wombwell
Is the foam you are referring to on the perimeter of your enclosure?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be along the edge of the glass going down to the false bottom land area going around it like a bowl to hold the substrate in. This false bottom is 6 inches above the base of the aquarium and will be filled with water up to that level. The land will be fully submerged with 2 sides facing water and visible from the front.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be housing some guppies and shrimp and crab. Possibly some other fish and aquatic plants as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts