Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up my next tank, 30g long, with a leca false bottom hybrid that will have a large piece of driftwood acting as a stream/waterfall going the length of the tank. I was wondering which would be better to use, spray foam or cocoa panels. I like the ability to create more textures with foam but am a little concerned about chemical leaching and break down even with a healthy layer of silicon and coco fiber. Any thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My personal experience with the foam... it was a mess and a pain to work with and trying to get the glue/coco mixture to actually stick to it didnt work very well. If I ever did anything with it again I would be trying to make something outside of the vivarium that fit size of the back of the viv (in a mold or something) and then place it inside and afix it with silicone.

-tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too did one once outside the tank. I just cut a huge trashbag and spread it out in the living room and sprayed the foam on that. I could then trim the sides to fit the tank exactly, and then peel off the bag. I still am not a huge fan of them though...
j

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did my first foam tank about a month ago. Its a major pain at first. But if you put the cocco bedding on the foam while its stickyyou wont have to use silicone which is even more of a pain. I would also suggest latex gloves because the foam sticks to your hands for ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts