Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used spray adhesive to add dried coco beddingto foam backgrounds once the foam has cured? I was thinking it would be easier than speading caulk over everything.

G

·
0 Posts
spray adhesive

i dont think it would work. it is probably not thick enough or sticky enough and would just end up in a mess. but maybe not, you could do a test strip on a piece of wood or something

·
Registered
665 Posts
Working in the design field for about 8 years and using the spray adhesive I can tell you that it will definitely break down and not hold up over time. Even the "super77" spray which really comes out thick will loose its hold. The fumes from this product are even worse and would most likely be detrimental to the well being of your frog. If you read the back of it and see all of the warnings as well as what is in it you would agree.

Contains: cyclohexane, 2-methylpentane, dimethyl ether, isobutane, 3-methylpentane, 2-dimethylbutane, n-hexane, and other hexane isomers.

Compared to silicon...

Contains: 100% Silicon

There is no way I would put any living thing in a tank with this product.

rob

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering if it were possible. Doesn't look like it is, but thanks for the feedback. I know that 100% silicone sprays are made, but they all appear to be lubricants, which is of course not what we want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts