Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love both of these frogs - they were some of my first frogs about 7 yeras ago. i still have my original regina pair that i got from Nabors... my GO pairs agre offspring from my original pair also from nabors. they both have breed really well for me. i remember a few years ago when i was looking everywere for new bloodlines to breed with my pairs...
i would love to get a pair but i dont live too close.
the pictures of the babies look really good.
funny i have matecho,la fumme, GO and regina all breeding..... i mixed in tads in a grow out tank of all the frogs and it took months before i could figure out which was which.... i will never do that again.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Re: "Giant Regina" project

Hello all,

I have been working on a project to try to restore some genetic diveristy to the Giant Orange/Regina D. tinctorius lines. Apparantly, they were arbitrarily separated as a marketing ploy in the 1990s.

Can anyone provide some more info about this marketing ploy? It sounds like some hobby history that I would like to hear more about.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Re: "Giant Regina" project

i love both of these frogs - they were some of my first frogs about 7 yeras ago. i still have my original regina pair that i got from Nabors... my GO pairs agre offspring from my original pair also from nabors. they both have breed really well for me. i remember a few years ago when i was looking everywere for new bloodlines to breed with my pairs...
i would love to get a pair but i dont live too close.
the pictures of the babies look really good.
funny i have matecho,la fumme, GO and regina all breeding..... i mixed in tads in a grow out tank of all the frogs and it took months before i could figure out which was which.... i will never do that again.
If you can tell them apart 100% you are a better frogger then me. Personally I think you should consider not selling those animals.

Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts