Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first froglet is currently absrobing its tail. The front legs are very skinny. Is this spindly leg syndrome, or are the legs just skinny until the froglet gets a bit older? Does anyone have any good photos of a froglet with spindly leg syndrome?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Did the front legs take alot of time to emerge? That's usually the first sign of SLS. If the front legs are skinny and stiff, don't move or bend at the joints it's SLS. Here are a couple marginal pics of an SLS froglet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As it's my first tad to metamorph, I don't really know if the timing was long - but my impression is that they emerged on time. The legs are shaped right, and appear to bend correctly at the joints, it's just that they are quite skinny. I'll get a picture tonight (though I don't have a place to put it on the web to link to the forum).

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
IMHO, the most important thing is if the frog can hold itself up and move around normally. Don't worry if the legs look skinny, all the young froglets I've seen have arms like an anorexic. Their legs fill out as they get older in my dubious experience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It definately has SLS :( . The froglet has not control over its front legs and can't hold itself up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts