Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks with my Terriblis that they will eat spiders. I knocked down 2 in the tank the other day and they fought over them in a way. since when i catch one i will put it in the tank and the closest one will pound on it and its gone in seconds. Just an obersevation that I have noticed. Josh

·
Registered
621 Posts
oh yeah
i used to collect egg sacs and feeed hatchlings to my whole collection. galacs, yellowheads, and azureus all ate in the same greedy manor. it didnt take much work because all ihad to do was put the sacs in a jar and feed them around hatching. I tried to fatten them up but decided it didnt work that well. now i just take the same type of spiders and lower them from the top down, on there own webs to my waiting frogs. great additional food source in my opinion. My frogs eat a couple nice ones a week for a treat.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
That is probably a good food source for larger frogs, but I wouldn't do it with thumbnails. There was a post a while back about them getting attached by spiders. What if one of the hatchlings escaped the hungry frogs and grew into a large wolf spider? Scary, So, that is why I don't feed spiders to my frogs, because mantellas are not very large. Anyway, if I get some azureus, or when my auratus get bigger, I will give it a shot. Spiders are overtaking my room because of the fruit fly escapees.

Ed Parker

·
Registered
306 Posts
I used to feed mine spiders caught during Field Sweeps. I usually wouldnt even notice that one got in there and would try to get it out, but the frogs seemed to go for them first. No negative signs from them eating them, so I continued to feed them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts