Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gallon vert that i recently set up and over the last few days there has been a growth of spider web like material that started as a small spot, now is rapidly growing across 1 plant and the moss, killing the plant as it goes. I am guessing this is spider mites, so I am looking for help on eliminating this mess safely. It seems to be moving pretty quckly so anything would be appreciatted. :!:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure it's not mold. some of the growth spans 2 or 3 inches and has a web in between. I have pulled all the dead and dyeing leaves out to see if it regrows.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess would be cobweb mold, try sprinkling some salt on it, and wetting it down. You would be suprised at how quickly this stuff can spread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
salt???!

what if your frog hops on top of the salted area?

this is a bad idea i feel. let the mold run it's course, it's part of a viavriums process. if you think it's taking over or present there for more then a week, just pull it out. it's just eating the sugars on the wood, soil and such, it's all good. if you put salt on it, you could really risk your frog health, ouch!

if it's killing plants it might be a mite. what plant did you notice it starting from and where did you get the plants? keep that answer to your self. but do check with who ever you get your plants from. mites suck. increase the humidity, and wait...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts