Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fiance decided finally that she will deal with the "bugs" that go along with keeping the dart frogs she has always wanted. we decided on a couple Suri cobalt tincs for me and a couple azureus for her in a divided 75ish gallon tank. i have absorbed alot of info in the last week so sorry if i have this wrong but thats why im asking.

i *THINK* i read somewhere that you do not want a water feature in with tincs. i think it said it was possibly detrimental. is this correct?

i was told that a water feature is nessesary for breeding azureus. is this correct?

also i think going by my reading i can put 3 adult frogs to a side(approx 24x15x18) would this be correct?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It is unnecessary to have a water feature to breed azureus. It would be best to only have a pair per side, as the females will fight, which is why some people suggest not having a water feature in with tincs, as if there are two females they can fight and if this happens in the water one of your frogs could drown. But if you only keep pairs in each side you shouldn't have that problem. If you want to be sure you get pairs Patrick Nabors at http://www.saurian.net has sexed pairs of both available.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
A recent (feb.) frognet discussion on azureus breeding pointed out how some have success with them breeding only with running water.

There also was a discussion on water and tincs and some long time froggers thought frog drownings were myths and probably frogs were sick or dying and went into the water and that's why people have found some dead in there.

You can (and should) check out the archives of frognet.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have 2 breeding pairs of azureus. All have a small pool in the tank but no running water and I get eggs every week. I have also kept my tincs with and without water features...doesn't seem to make a difference with breeding.

Best,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts