Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building a third tank. Its an old Oceanic Hex. I think maybe 35 gal. From what I've read the Ranitomeya seem more partial to using vertical space, would a pair of them be suitable for it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The tank in question. I cut the glass myself after being unable to find a local shop that would do a custom mitre. Still need to replace some silicone and cut vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice! What are your ideas regarding the door? Are you installing a sliding type? What about vents? Where will you be placing them?

I love custom builds. I just wish I was more handy along these lines. I’m actually having a custom build done for me right now. It should be ready in the next week or two.

·
Registered
Dendrobates tinctorus "Patricia"
142 Posts
That looks like it could be really cool when finished. Are you considering doing one of those designs with a central "tree"? Something like that would look really awesome, and if carefully designed could provide a lot of vertical space for frogs to explore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! What are your ideas regarding the door? Are you installing a sliding type? What about vents? Where will you be placing them?

I love custom builds. I just wish I was more handy along these lines. I’m actually having a custom build done for me right now. It should be ready in the next week or two.
It’ll be hinged with a hasp opposite the hinge to keep it shut, bought them from josh’s frogs. Vents will be 2in mesh probably 2-4 just above the substrate line then high venting at the top, still planning out how the top will work. Might do less low vents and add a froskr fan as a supplement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like it could be really cool when finished. Are you considering doing one of those designs with a central "tree"? Something like that would look really awesome, and if carefully designed could provide a lot of vertical space for frogs to explore.
That is my idea, ive been looking at a manzanita piece, kind of a tripod that i could plant around and give them a little sanctuary then ghost wood fronds for their accessability, i haven’t planned too far ahead yet since i’m still building.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Cool. A fan would probably be a good idea. I had a friend who had a couple of these hex tanks for his pumilio and he ended up having to run fans for them because they got overly humid.

I think that would be fine for a pair or trio of ranitomeya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts