Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I had an idea the other day and was wondering what everyone else thought of it. What does everyone think about doing experience threads for different species/morphs. The idea would be to just talk about your experiences with each frog.....I know this info is spread throughout the site, maybe it would be good to have it in one place. An example would be: D. leucomelas "standard"...mine are very bold, out most of the day, very responsive feeders, tolerate temp fluctuations, awesome call, etc... I know some of this info is in the caresheets, but some species/morphs are not covered and are variable. I thought of this after reading about people's different experiences with some of the thumbs (benedicta comes to mind), some say very bold, others say super-shy. I think that each thread would be a great resource for not only people thinking about getting a type of dart, but also for keepers who already have the darts in question. I know that was long, but I was trying to get it all out in one shebang. All opinions are welcome...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that is a good idea.
The care sheets are great and there is plenty of awesome information in the species area. The only problem with this is that there are so many random posts under species, but not one that deals specifically with peoples experiences with them. I think essentially I was saying that there would be threads that were solely people's observations about their frogs, not a bunch of pictures, comments on what people had to say, etc... Just: I have blank, they display blank, I recommend them because blank, I have had luck doing blank. I think any threads should be under the species heading, but should be focused threads. It would be much easier this way instead of a. hoping that a search brings up what you want or b. slogging through all the threads under the species you are interested in trying to find specific info about boldness, behavior etc. It could also reduce the number of "thinking about this frog" threads.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is exactly what I am talking about. One for each species/morph would be such a great resource for us all. I would start one for each, but my experience with darts is limited to 2 species: leucs and 6 auratus morphs. Anyone have a favorite species/morph they want to start one for?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Exactly the point of the species threads. However, in order for them to develop, folks need to step up and manage one. I started the A. bassleri thread as an example.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Exactly the point of the species threads. However, in order for them to develop, folks need to step up and manage one. I started the A. bassleri thread as an example.
i expected them to get quite a bit more people talking in them. i posted on a few different populations that were new, as did you and a couple others. we really need more people posting in there!

maybe we post a specific thread under each species that is like the pumilio experience thread?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts