Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
sounds like you have about 20 different cell phones goin off in there haah. thats awesome though

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Im curious about what effects the other frog have on one another. Im assuming they all feed from the energy and sounds surrounding them and call more frequently. If all the tanks were in isolated rooms, I doubt all these frogs would be calling as much.

Such a sweet chorus. Do you make frog selections based on call volume? It seems like you do :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I love it. Someone might want that sound clip for a rainforest movie scene lol.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im curious about what effects the other frog have on one another. Im assuming they all feed from the energy and sounds surrounding them and call more frequently. If all the tanks were in isolated rooms, I doubt all these frogs would be calling as much.

Such a sweet chorus. Do you make frog selections based on call volume? It seems like you do :D
Pretty much. I'm a fan of behavior (calling, territoriality, reproductive) over appearance.

Well, when the Phyllobates sp. get calling, they all chime in. Same with the Mantella, Ameerega, Epips, etc.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The femoralis is really loud compared to the Phyllos, I can also hear the altas in there too.

Wonder what it will sound like about a year from now when you have twice as much.

Do your neighbors hear it as well?

Eric

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, that was really cool, as to how many I could hear, well I have no idea but what I did hear was awesome, thanks for sharing. I'm a bit deaf after 31 years of pushing a siren pedal full time but I could hear those babies load and clear.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just amazing! I count 11. And towards the end something that sounded like a toad, but I didn't think that could be a dart. If so, that would be 12. Am I right?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lets see,

Terribilis
Aurotaenia
Bicolor
Lugubris
Tricolor
Two different anthonyi populations
Zaparo