Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any sound absorption materials around your tanks or racks?

The calling in my room isnt too bad but my gf doesnt particularly appreciate it. If I could control it a little I would.

The side of the rack faces my bed. This would mean I would mainly need only one side and it would also block the light.

I am just curious if it would do anything or if the sound would just go around.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well my friend working in the automotive business I find myself discovering things that are useful in everyday life. Such as a product called Fatmatt which is and economical version of Dnyamatt, it is a sound absorption maerial made of buytall also insulates. And honestly it works just as good as Dnyamatt if you were to stick it to your walls or rack Im sure it would help quite a bit and it works wonders in the cars and trucks we use it in.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I've not tried that. I enjoy the calling.

Are they calling at night?

A couple thoughts...

-Change your lighting cycle so they turn off sooner in the evening.
-I doubt covering one side would make any significant difference in sound. Blocking stray light is good.
-The more sides you cover, the hotter the tanks could get.
-Get a new girlfriend.
-White noise generator?

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
You could try baffles on the ceiling to help increase the sound absorbtion. If the ceiling absorbs the sound it should help prevent it from being as loud or traveling as far. When looking at public spaces in buildings with a lot of traffic the tendency is to place sound absorbing materials on the roof..

Ed

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They mainly call in the morning. They usually start when the sun light starts creeping in through my blinds. I don't mind too much and if they get to be a lot then I just put in some plugs. I have noticed they call at night if I leave one of my bedroom lights on. Guess they think it's a full moon.

I'll look into those "mats"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts