Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt get a rely elsewhere so im trying here...
How much light is needed for java exactly? I have 2 36" t12 4100K lights over a 36" 30 gallon....do you all think this will be enough to grow java or should i go and get some lifeglo t 10's to replace the t12's....i was told they would work in the same fixture... thanks and sorry for asking such a question here...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It will really grow in any lighting, or even lack there of for that matter. I wouldn't worry much about the lighting quality for the java, your other plants may be a different story though.
j

·
Registered
126 Posts
Humidity more important than light.

Humidity more important than light...java will grow in low light, so long as there is h2o for it you'll have no problems getting it to grow.

Keep it wet...it grows under water or out of water, but needs to be wet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks a lot....i dont have any light demanding plants so i htink i will be alright.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have to say that I have found Java Moss to grow quickly and thick under relatively high lighting. When under low light, it will survive, but you will not get it to spread nearly as quickly or thick.

When under high light and high humidity, I have had it sporulate regularly, spreading quickly throughout the tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what would be your opinion on how well it will grow under two 30 watt 2250 lumen flourecents (cool white)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think you'll be fine as long as the tank is around 18" tall or less. I have a 24" cube with about 10,000 lumens . . . that seems ideal. As the plants have grown in, however, the Java has languished in the shadows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts