Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
I actually haven't used anything on them since I received them last summer...but they were raised with straight Naturose and UV exposure.
Ahhhh I know where they grew up then, is their original daddy going to Frogday this year?

I heard conflicting opinions on it, but do you or he think that the UVB contributes to the coloration?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhhh I know where they grew up then, is their original daddy going to Frogday this year?

I heard conflicting opinions on it, but do you or he think that the UVB contributes to the coloration?
He won't be...I'm not sure of any other "west coasters" other than myself that are attending.

I'm not sure if we feel like the UVB actually contributes to the coloration, or if it just aids in the uptake of Vitamin A...but Ed has done MUCH more extensive reading and research into the issue than I have, so it's hard to say. The UVB might allow for easier uptake of the caratenoids in the Astaxanthin which then equates to more intense coloration, but it's hard to say.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow is all I can say. Exceptional photo, exceptional frog! I sure hope I see some for sale at the Seattle Metro Expo in a few weeks. I might bring home a few of them...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts