Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a few pictures of my Abiseo. Spectacular frogs! I have a 2.2 group and they seem to have separate territories in the tank. Just curious how others keep theirs? These are in a 45 gallon corner tank. Small pond, many different tiers of wood and heavily planted. Gotta clean the glass, then I will post some full viv shots lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have they breed for you? If so do yours preffer large leaves or coco huts for egg spots? I have a pair that hasnt breed yet. But since I put my female in my male has been calling his heart out on large leaves at mid height in the viv.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
beautiful frogs...you have made my selection for the next choice of frogs more complicated...but I can't give you a "thanks"...drat....

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The "administrator"...hmmmm1984""??? won't let me edit to add a "thanks" for showing us those frogs...they are now on my list...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I will have some more pictures tomorrow. Gotta clean the glass, add a new layer of leaf litter and I believe I will mount a nice brom centerpiece. Tank was too heavy to make the trip upstairs, so is now a display tank in my living room lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
Very nice! I really look forward to seeing their setup. I have either these or orange heads on my wish list and will for sure do one or the other. I've already got the tank but still need to build it out so here's to hoping I can borrow an idea or two.

You mentioned they were a recent acquisition, did you also acquire their viv where they produced froglets?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the late response, but yes I did take their tank with them. I am working on it right now so pics will be posted today. Their set up is pretty nice and it has been working thus far, so I have no reason to change it. I am debating on splitting the two pairs though. Seems they are a bit rough on each other at feeding time.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, here are some shots of the tank. It is very hard for me to get a good shot though. There is a pond in the middle, cork background, but 75% is covered with very dense creeping fig. There are many pieces of wood which creates caves and tunnels that wrap around the back of the tank that can't be seen in the photos. I can't even get my hands in to them lol. Gravel bottom which makes it weigh a ton, substrate layer, and I added a good layer of oak and magnolia leaf litter. There are various land masses throughout the tank so I seeded each with something different, since they don't really connect with each other. It was very hard to keep the frogs from picking the stuff off as I was seeding lol. I added the pothos, philo, and broms to it. But other than that, it was set up already. It's a nice set up. Makes a lot of different uses for the space. Once some of the vines grow in that I added, it will be even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already posted these before but they are not showing up. Anyways, it is pretty difficult to get shots of this corner tank. So I just took a bunch. There are various tunnels and caves and levels created by a bunch of different driftwood, so it has a lot of depth you cannot see. Heavy creeping fig forming a nice canopy, standing pond, different levels of leaf litter. It works really well.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts