Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are probly still to young yet but i wanted to give it a try anyway and its a chance to show them off. Im keeping the 4 in a 125 gallon and they are doing great eating like pigs . The three smallest i bought from billschwinn alittle more then a month ago and they have almost doubled in size. And the broms i bought about 2 months ago are blooming. sorry for the poor pics not too good with the girlfriends iphone

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
How old are they now?
Bryan

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I would say probably a little too early to tell for sure. The problem is that they are all very fat, which can be deceiving when trying to sex them. With my leucs, the biggest difference between males and females is overall length and body build. The males do not have that "sagging" stomach and pear shaped body and are shorter than females. Once they grow larger (not fatter, but longer) you should be able to start to see the subtle differences, but with them all about the same length and width this young, I can't tell. Try again when they are all at least about 12 months or older, you should get a better idea.
Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts