Dendroboard banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cam,
most of the frogs are very easy to find, especially at night when the Ameeregas sleep on the top of the leaves of large plants. Out of all of the frog images that I posted, the Telmatobius are the hardest to find, as they are very rare and only live in icy streams in the Andes at about 12,000 feet and above; but they are well worth the reward :)

Reactions: Cam

·
Registered
527 Posts
cracking up. you put a lot of time into this.

To find them you must first find a small lost village near a clear stream 20 Miles east of Iquitos at the base of a small mountain that some say is there, and some say that it is not. It is said that those who have eyes to see will see, and those who do not, will not. If you do not find it by dusk of the first day of searching return to the nearest town and depart the country within 24 hours. It is said Ill fortune finds those who look with clouded eyes and linger to long in the jungle. But if you are one of the lucky few who do find it, ask the villagers about the stream called "the jaguar's tears" Follow their directions to the stream, then the stream's flow until you come to a dead hollow tree grown in a small rock island in the middle of the stream. Reach in and feel around and you will find a gourd...among other things. Beware it is said guardian spirits have possessed the minds of many of the nearby and most dangerous animals. Bring a torch, lite it even if it is day...carry no other weapon. Smash the gourd on the rocks and follow the crude map draw on the hide of a snake to several distinctive land markings. First though I should warn you to take nothing else from the tree of secrets, not even a splinter, a leaf or a twig from the tree itself....THIS WOULD BE VERY BAD. The path will eventually lead you to a lone hut, deep in the jungle. Gain the trust of the shaman living there (You'll have to figure this part out yourself but I hear he fancies red rope licorice) and he will make a special concoction meant to send you on a spirit journey. During the dream journey attempt to make contact with your animal spirit(for some reason the few White men who have made this journey and survived often claim humming Sinatra tunes helps) . DO NOT PUKE!...you will scare away your spirit guide. If you can do this successfully the spirit will guide you to what you seek. The rest will be up to you.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
cracking up. you put a lot of time into this.
Not really...between 5-10 minutes I think. But thanks for the compliment! But I did spend almost as much time editing for typos and a little content as I did writing the main body ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
To find them you must first find a small lost village near a clear stream 20 Miles east of Iquitos at the base of a small mountain that some say is there, and some say that it is not. It is said that those who have eyes to see will see, and those who do not, will not. If you do not find it by dusk of the first day of searching return to the nearest town and depart the country within 24 hours. It is said Ill fortune finds those who look with clouded eyes and linger to long in the jungle. But if you are one of the lucky few who do find it, ask the villagers about the stream called "the jaguar's tears" Follow their directions to the stream, then the stream's flow until you come to a dead hollow tree grown in a small rock island in the middle of the stream. Reach in and feel around and you will find a gourd...among other things. Beware it is said guardian spirits have possessed the minds of many of the nearby and most dangerous animals. Bring a torch, lite it even if it is day...carry no other weapon. Smash the gourd on the rocks and follow the crude map draw on the hide of a snake to several distinctive land markings. First though I should warn you to take nothing else from the tree of secrets, not even a splinter, a leaf or a twig from the tree itself....THIS WOULD BE VERY BAD. The path will eventually lead you to a lone hut, deep in the jungle. Gain the trust of the shaman living there (You'll have to figure this part out yourself but I hear he fancies red rope licorice) and he will make a special concoction meant to send you on a spirit journey. During the dream journey attempt to make contact with your animal spirit(for some reason the few White men who have made this journey and survived often claim humming Sinatra tunes helps) . DO NOT PUKE!...you will scare away your spirit guide. If you can do this successfully the spirit will guide you to what you seek. The rest will be up to you.
Ok so right or left at the mtn, landmarks are distinct cool i can deal with that. Spirit guide ? is this some crazy hippy stuff - am i going to have to create a drum circle and start wearing clothing made of hemp ???? I dont know about this .......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cam,
most of the frogs are very easy to find, especially at night when the Ameeregas sleep on the top of the leaves of large plants. Out of all of the frog images that I posted, the Telmatobius are the hardest to find, as they are very rare and only live in icy streams in the Andes at about 12,000 feet and above; but they are well worth the reward :)
Im so jealous :) its something i really want to do! after seeing the pictures i just want to go even more :)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Ok so right or left at the mtn, landmarks are distinct cool i can deal with that. Spirit guide ? is this some crazy hippy stuff - am i going to have to create a drum circle and start wearing clothing made of hemp ???? I dont know about this .......
right or left?, Hmm...I guess it depends from which way you approach. Its at the base though directly east from Iquitos. Um don't know about the drum circle and hemp clothing, each traveler's path is different. I will tell you though from my limited experience with spirit guides that, well...I just wouldn't refer to them as "some crazy hippy stuff" within ear shot...but I'm not exactly sure how far a "spirit" can hear/percieve...the way may be shut to you already. Anyways good luck...and don't forget the red rope licorice. Oh one other thing I forgot to mention, can't believe I forgot. It is one of the most important things...bring a towel...always bring a towel! ...It may save your life ;)

Reactions: Cam

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
right or left?, Hmm...I guess it depends from which way you approach. Its at the base though directly east from Iquitos. Um don't know about the drum circle and hemp clothing, each traveler's path is different. I will tell you though from my limited experience with spirit guides that, well...I just wouldn't refer to them as "some crazy hippy stuff" within ear shot...but I'm not exactly sure how far a "spirit" can hear/percieve...the way may be shut to you already. Anyways good luck...and don't forget the red rope licorice. Oh one other thing I forgot to mention, can't believe I forgot. It is one of the most important things...bring a towel...always bring a towel! ...It may save your life ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dave what in the f*ck are you talking about man? You've been spending too much time with your glowing mushrooms bro.

Reactions: stemcellular

·
Registered
527 Posts
you've definitely read hitchhiker's guide too many times as well.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Cam,
2 miles up for that....well as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ps Dendro Dave you should save your stories for the lounge, it has turned into half of Tiffany's thread

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
2 miles up for that....well as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ps Dendro Dave you should save your stories for the lounge
No room for on topic comedy outside the lounge anymore? Hmm...well I apologize if I derailed the thread to much for the tastes of some. Glad some enjoyed it though :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
here are a few more...not all frogs this time.

Description
Ameerega macero (ventral view)
Engystomops petersii
Net-casting spider
Katydid
Oreobates quixensis
Phyllomedus vallianti
Leptodactylus species
Rainbow boa
Hyalinobatrachium carlesvilai
Hyalinobatrachium carlesvilai (ventral view)
Little snake

Attachments

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
If I'm not mistaken...I believe that Spirit Guide is actually Carlos Castenada...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you have any pics of mark`s facility down in peru?(whith his permission of course).I think there were a couple a while ago but can`t find the thread.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I do have some photos of Mark's facility, but I will need to ask him first whether or not it's okay to post them. I'll get back to you.

-Tiffany

21 - 38 of 38 Posts