Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for my upcoming field season, I've been reminiscing about Peru. So I thought that I would post a few of the photos that I took last summer. Enjoy :)

-Tiffany

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I dig the Macero especially. Hope those make it into the hobby some day, (in an ethical way). Great pics, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
The nominant population of A. bassleri is still my favorite, along with the Huallaga Trivs. Can't wait to get back to Peru! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Awesome looking frogs, and great pics also. Anyone know what the type of bassleri that really dark one is? (1st post, 3rd from the bottom) Wowza is it ever nice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The third frog from the bottom is an Ameerega Macero.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a list of the photos:
Ameerega cainarachi
Ameerega bassleri (Locality 1)
Ameerega bassleri (Locality 2)
Ranitomeya fantastica
Ranitomey ventrimaculata
Dendropsophus triangulum
Ameerega macero
Hypsiboas punctata
Phyllomedus vallianti

Excidobates mysteriosus
Gastrotheca testudinae
Telmatobius marmoratus
Lizard of unknown species
Ameerega trivattata
Phyllomedusa tomopterna

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and just a few more...

Attachments

Reactions: edwing206

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Species above:
Rhinella maragaritifer
Bolitoglossa altamazonica
Bolitoglossa altamazonica
Hyloscritus phylognatus
Gastrotheca excubitor
Ranitomeya imitator
Ranitomeya imitator
Ranitomeya imitator
Ranitomeya summersi

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, Jason was a member of my lab and Evan is currently working on his PhD here. Mark has been very helpful with my dissertation research, and has allowed me to conduct research on his properties in Peru as well as photograph the frogs at his facility in Iquitos.

·
Registered
10,096 Posts
Yes, Jason was a member of my lab and Evan is currently working on his PhD here. Mark has been very helpful with my dissertation research, and has allowed me to conduct research on his properties in Peru as well as photograph the frogs at his facility in Iquitos.

Lucky you, i wanna go back so bad

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love your pictures ! It's a trip I would like to take with the Aaron and Clayton. Were they easy to spot or did you find it quite had to locate them?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I love your pictures ! It's a trip I would like to take with the Aaron and Clayton. Were they easy to spot or did you find it quite had to locate them?
To find them you must first find a small lost village near a clear stream 20 Miles east of Iquitos at the base of a small mountain that some say is there, and some say that it is not. It is said that those who have eyes to see will see, and those who do not, will not. If you do not find it by dusk of the first day of searching return to the nearest town and depart the country within 24 hours. It is said Ill fortune finds those who look with clouded eyes and linger to long in the jungle. But if you are one of the lucky few who do find it, ask the villagers about the stream called "the jaguar's tears" Follow their directions to the stream, then the stream's flow until you come to a dead hollow tree grown in a small rock island in the middle of the stream. Reach in and feel around and you will find a gourd...among other things. Beware it is said guardian spirits have possessed the minds of many of the nearby and most dangerous animals. Bring a torch, lite it even if it is day...carry no other weapon. Smash the gourd on the rocks and follow the crude map draw on the hide of a snake to several distinctive land markings. First though I should warn you to take nothing else from the tree of secrets, not even a splinter, a leaf or a twig from the tree itself....THIS WOULD BE VERY BAD. The path will eventually lead you to a lone hut, deep in the jungle. Gain the trust of the shaman living there (You'll have to figure this part out yourself but I hear he fancies red rope licorice) and he will make a special concoction meant to send you on a spirit journey. During the dream journey attempt to make contact with your animal spirit(for some reason the few White men who have made this journey and survived often claim humming Sinatra tunes helps) . DO NOT PUKE!...you will scare away your spirit guide. If you can do this successfully the spirit will guide you to what you seek. The rest will be up to you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts