Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really thinking about getting some green & black or green & bronze auratuses. I have a few questions though.

1. Can anyone reccomend a good breeder of them? I'm sure i should get on a waiting list soon.
2. What is the best ratio of males to females to get good breeding, and how many in the whole group?
3. I have a spare tank around that is 12' , 12' , 30'. So it doesn't have much height but i could give it plenty of floor space for them. would this work for them? and how many?

I know it's a lot of questions :oops:
Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
1. Sean Stewart, Patrick, pretty much everyone caries them. And no waiting list for auratus usually. Unless its right after something like frogday etc.

2. In a tank that size i would suggest a pair, possibly a trio, 2 males 1 female.

3. 3 at most. should be fine

·
Registered
370 Posts
They will use the entire tank, at least mine do, so hieght is as good as floor space. Group size doesn't matter (though it is still dependent on tank size, and off the top of my head I don't know what size tank yours works out to). I have a group of 6 that may soon become a group of 13.

They breed like bunny rabbits once they get going so it may be to your benifit to have more males then females.

Lots of cover is a good way to go. When I over hauled my big tank a took an insane amount of wood and piled it in the bottom of the tank, creating all sorts of hiding spots. As a result the little guys are very bold. I really need to get some before and after pics up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful.

Yeah i was thinking i could pack the tank full of plants and some wood to give it some really nice cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts