Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new frogger here. I'm setting up my first vivarium and installing a water feature is proving to be a pain in the butt. So I was wondering, do dart frogs need a water feature or soaking area, or will a half-inch of water underneath the false bottom and regular mistings be enough humidity for them? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
They don't *need* a soaking area. I like to provide a water source, though. All of my frogs have one and they all use it. Even if it's just a small lid with some water. If you have broms in the tank, they leaves would hold water that the frogs could access.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I don't use water features in any of my vivs. I have some film canisters with water but that is only to deposit tads in. Dart frogs do not drink, but rather absorb humidity through their skin. Your half inch of water under the false bottom along with mistings is exactly what I do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
only 1 of my tanks have a water feature.. but i will tell you this my vents use it 100%. currently i have 19 tads in the water feature being fed on the reg.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thanks everybody! I figured out an easy way to make a soaking area that will resemble my original plans for the water feature (no waterfall, though, obviously) so the frogs will have access to water just in case! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts