Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would that still be able to hold three mantellas? there is more verticle height than a 10 gallon and tons of floor space and I will have cork bark in there fro extra climbing space? It seems good next to a ten gallon I have next to it. i checked out those jewel orchids......cool they will definatly be goinging in there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sun light

The vivarium will be exposed to sunlight. It is in a spot across the room from a large window that should produce enough sunlight. It is not direct sunlight though, but it should be good enough. If that does not work well I guess I can install a shelf with a floresent light under it, just above the vivarium, but i think I have enough natural light to grow plants.

·
Registered
170 Posts
oh, well that sounds sufficient to me... that dome is such a cool idea, gives you total viewing and yeah that should be plenty of space for 2 or 3 or 4, if you add some wood/plants for some arboreal activity

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya

my cousen gave it to me a week ago. He was moving his girlfriends mom's house and they were going to throw it out. He brought it over to my place because he knew I would find a use for it, and i did! At first
i did not know what to do with it but when i realized its original function was as a terrerium, i though vivarium. I can't wait for the plants to start growing in there. I am excited to get my first frogs! If i get one or two than add another couple later will that be fine or too stressful? Would it be better to establish the community all at once, or should i start off with one?

·
Registered
170 Posts
i say get three or four right away (your ordering from a breeder right?) but quarantine each seperately in a plastic shoe box with moist paper towel substrate for a couple of weeks to make sure they're healthy, then when they get acclimated and all the stuff in the viv is aok put em in. its hard to do the quarantine period cause you want to seem them in their tank, put since they can spread disease so easy youll want to seperate them, we all do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how bout

if I buy them all from the same breeder who has already kept tham all together, won't it be safe to put them all together right away?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts